Friday, February 25, 2011

Simple

Simple doesn't always mean quick. At least not for me. It took me about 3 weeks to finish this simple and easy baby blanket for a co-worker and only because I realized that the shower was sooner than I expected! I had to put a rush on it. I think I'm realizing that I'm a loose hooker (HA!). This was made using 2 strands throughout and you should see how wobbly it is. I used some acrylic baby soft yarn from Michael's.


Here's something else I crocheted that I really like but too holey for actual cold weather. It looked great right after I made it. After a few uses it got a bit wobbly and after washing it's ALL wobbly. I used Chunky Biernat on this one. Less than 1 skein. I would like to make it again in double crochet instead of triple.




This next project really was quick and easy. It was a scarf kit I purchased from Anna Maria Horner. Loved the color combo and knew exactly who to make it for when I saw it. The only thing I didn't like was that the 2 fabrics were not cut in the exact same width so I had to do that. I really wanted to just take it out of the bag and start sewing, so that was annoying. My friend Renate loved it. Yay!



Hooray for simple things!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

6 comments:

carlita dee said...

How did you give that scarf away after trying it on? Must be a great friend, 'cause it sure looks smashing on you. It's too bad about the cowl/neck thingy, because it's so pretty. Another great color choice. Yeah, you could DC it and that would look nice too. If you really wanna be warm, HDC it. That's my favorite stitch anyway.

Elbee said...

HAHA Carla. That's not me wearing it!

Natalie said...

You've been busy and I love the cute things you are making. It is too bad abut the cowl, because it looks damned cute on you.

Cecilia Recendez said...

Hi, There is the blanket! Very nice, you're very good at this. Did you learn from your mother, on your own, or did you take classed? : ) Cecy

women leather shoes said...

Simple but pretty fashion and the one on your beck is the most beautiful one i ever seen and why don't you take a Women's leather tote handbags at http://www.cwmalls.com, that's match with you!

Brooke wan said...

Simple, but also very nice.
Another great color choice.

wholesale diamonds quilted jackets