Monday, July 6, 2009

How I make Booty Shorts


I've had a few emails recently about the booty shorts I make for the girls. I wasn't able to contact those people directly so I'm hoping they check back.

The first time I made the booty shorts I traced a pair they already had. These were pajama shorts. The white that you see at the top is foldover elastic which I use because I have a lot of it. You can see how I did that on this post here

For the more recent ones I used Jalie 2445 as a base but didn't make them exactly the same as the pattern has a separate waistband. I think I combined the waistband and bottom portion of the shorts when I was tracing the pattern out.

I'm currently making booty shorts from the Ottobre 4/2004 issue. This issue has underwear, camisoles, leggings and shorts. The shorts and leggings are the same pattern. The shorts are very short, too much like underwear for my daughter, so I just extended the cutting line a bit. I will finish them up this week and post a picture next week with the older girl wearing them. She's at my sister's in Berkeley right now.

Yeah, those booty shorts are expensive! My girls take gymnastics and they sell them for $20!

2 comments:

woolanthropy said...

totally cute

Jennifer said...

Please tell me what the waistband is on those!!! I'm trying to make cute undershorts for my girls who wear uniforms. I love that waist band. Tell me more.