Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Progress on Omari's outfit



So I've finally made some progress on Omari's outfit. All that's missing now is the jacket. Haven't gotten started on that yet. My little model left today to San Francisco for 3 weeks with my sister. I'll have to update when she gets back. We will be there with her during the 3rd week.





Here's the blouse. I think it's cute. I didn't follow the directions at all and I still think it came out allright. The directions call for a facing which I don't like at all. So instead I lined the entire thing using whatever fabric it is they point you to when you say, "I need lining fabric."


This is the button closure in the back. The instructions tell you to make a thread loop. No direction as to how to do that. I went online but the only tutorial I found wasn't helpful to me. So this is what I ended up which. Not happy with that so I'll have to figure out what to do with it.





The skirt was super easy to make and I'm happy with it. The only problem is that Omari kept pulling it down too low when she was trying it on. She has an unnaturally long torso and so things on what I would consider her "waist" bother her. It's missing the flower and I haven't decided whether I will make it or buy one with a pin on the back. I also think this cotton twill type material is too thick for an elastic waist.

Once again, this is Simplicity 4669

No comments: